First it was the right preschool, next it's the right D.I.

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:23:18 -0800

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 05:33 PM, James Rogers wrote:

> Getting into
> the front-line combat units is a highly competitive process.  And
> trying
> to get a spot in a top-tier combat unit is like trying to get into an
> Ivy League university; they reject far more people than they accept
> into
> these units and you have to demonstrate that you are definitely a cut
> above the average soldier or they won't even consider you.

Following on to Geege's question, is that also a result of us sending
fewer forces into combat than we did in Vietnam, and therefore tend to
select the elite units such as Rangers, Delta^H^H^H^H^HSecret Elite
Units, and so on?

-- whump

----
Bill Humphries <bill@whump.com>