No War in Irak!

Frank Bergmann fraber@fraber.de
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:26:11 +0100

> Please read the following:
Been there, done that...

Makes a lot of sense, but misses the point.
Basically, I've been sending spam. (Even though you could argue
that it was a reasonable contribution to some previous
discussions on the list). And this time (for the first time
since I've learned reading mail using EMACS) I'm willingly taking
part in a spam action.

What I don't understand is how there can already be a history
of 428 (well, including these senior contributors #29 and #34).
Assuming an average branch factor of 2, the mail should already
have reached most of the molecules in the universe. Impressive...

I assume these guys at inquiries@un.org get a major bandwidth
issue, but I hope some media guy will write about the largest
meme-type phenomena observed thus far...

And no, I don't think the brain-washed American general public
will take any notice, but it still feels good not to be the
only one desesperated.

For an interesting analysis of US gov media strategy/rhetoric checkout
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fww
w.heise.de%2Ftp%2Fdeutsch%2Fspecial%2Firak%2F13972%2F1.html&lp=de_en
or for those who speak German:
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/special/irak/13972/1.html

Cheers,
Frank