Call for Info

Chris Olds cco@dydax.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:20:15 -0500 (EST)

Tom, I'm surprised you didn't answer this yourself.  Brewster Kahle set up
the internet bookmobile for less than 30K, including a van and satellite
dish.  The internet archive [1] is a good starting point, and there are
pages on the bookmobile [2] printing setup there too.  Those pages should
give a reasonably complete sense of what texts are available

As to how one goes about getting this actively used in your schools, I
think that's the big challenge, and I don't have a good answer for that.
Textbooks are an issue, since most of them need updating every few years,
and today's textbooks won't be out of copyright for 170+ years.

	/cco

[1] http://archive.org/texts/texts.php
[2] http://archive.org/texts/bookmobile.php