Call for Info

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:38:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Chris Olds wrote:

--]Tom, I'm surprised you didn't answer this yourself.  Brewster Kahle set up
--]the internet bookmobile for less than 30K

Yep, hes one of the inspirations for my doing up a wifi PD trove:)-

The next step  though is getting the education system to get the
ideas of PD books, DIY Just In Time printing intergrated with the way
things work at the core.

Im floating this ballon in hopes of seeing what where and how thats being
done and then focus on where its NOT being done.

Long term im seeing this distributed mass of access poitns to get the
stuff and printing efforts to get teh stuff in the hands of those who need
it (school kids, libraries, etc).