Movie night: Ada Lovelace documentary Jan 21st

Gareth Olds satans_lexicon@hotmail.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:36:29 -0900

>From: Rohit Khare <khare@alumni.caltech.edu>
>Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:43:24 -0800
>
>Tuesday, January 21, 2003
>U.S. Premiere of the new documentary film "To Dream Tomorrow"
>directed by Jo Francis and John Fuegi. The story of
>Ada Byron Lovelace and her work with Charles Babbage
>on the quest to build the first computer

  You know, a friend of mine got back a little while ago from India (he went
there to complete his dissertation on Indian theatre; i think he spent most
of the time in the eastern portion), and he wrote (and is attempting to get
published) a play about Ada Lovelace, Byron, Babbage, etc.  It's called, if
i remember correctly, "the difference engine", and it's really good, IMHO.
He's trying to get it performed by Alaska Theatre of Youth, a community
theatre organisation around here up north.

  Also, a good book on Lovelace is 'The Bride of Science' (on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071373292/qid=1042857155/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-7319392-9348155).
  I got it for my dad last year, and i think he liked it (i'm sure he'll
speak for himself).

  Damn.  Wish i was in california.

         - Sir Gareth