FoRK digest, Vol 1 #1585 - 10 msgs

Dr. Robert Harley harley@argote.ch
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:59:45 +0100 (CET)

Owen wrote:
>Amnesty International vigorously condemned the chemical attacks on
>Kurdish civilians in 1988. [...]
>And guess what - the countries that sold weapons to Iraq after they
>gassed their own people -the US was one of them [...]

Actually, the USGov claimed at the time that Iran had gassed the
Kurds, even though they knew full well that Iraq was entirely
responsible and everybody else did too.  I think that a large part of
the issue is that since Kissinger (at least), the USGov thinks that
realpolitik and plausible deniability and other such shite actually
cuts the mustard, and that it fails to realise that in the long term
nobody is taken in and that people from other cultures have very very
long memories.

I await with bated breath some hard cold proof of Iraq's
massenvernichtungswaffen.

The New World Order:

"the fact that the inspectors have not yet come up with new evidence
of Iraq's WMD program could be evidence in and of itself of Iraq's
non-cooperation."
- Rumsfeld

"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always
agree with them"
- Bush Junior

"We are engaged in a new type of warfare, so the Geneva Conventions
have to be modified accordingly"
- paraphrase of Rumsfeld, can't find the exact quote...

The Old World Order:

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance
of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who
have little."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Could I have but a line a century hence crediting a contribution to
the advance of peace, I would yield every honor which has been
accorded by war."
- General Douglas MacArthur

Tilting at windmills for a better tomorrow,
  Rob.

PS: I need someone really bad.  Are you really bad?

PPS: All generalizations are false, including this one.

PPPS: Ever wonder why the SAME PEOPLE make up ALL the conspiracy theories???

And guess what - the countries that sold weapons to Iraq after they