Sanctions vs. war (was: FoRK digest, Vol 1 #1585 - 10 msgs)

R. A. Hettinga rah@shipwright.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:25:36 -0500

At 11:01 PM +0000 on 1/19/03, Russell Turpin wrote:

> If we go to war with Iraq and overturn the
> Saddam regime, will some talking head, in a
> postwar analysis, make a favorable comparison
> between the number of Iraqi civilians killed in
> the war, to the number killed through the
> sanctions?

I'm beginning to think trading with an enemy, particularly a totalitarian
one, is the easiest way to kick his ass.

Buy Cuba, and fire Castro...

:-)

Cheers,
RAH
Who still thinks we should pave Iraq, and, of course, thinks there's
something to the idea that mergers and acquisitions are God's way of
telling you your stock price is too high...
--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@ibuc.com>