Free Koowait!

Tom Sweetnam savamutt@hotmail.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:51:12 +0000

Owen Byrne wrote:

"Tanks are built with all sorts of sighting gear that will allow them to hit
targets out to 3000 or more meters, but the vast majority of the time, the
ranges will be only 500 m - similar to tank battles during WWII."

During the Gulf war, nearly every Iraqi tank was taken out by American tanks
at ranges exceeding one mile -often from ranges in excess of 2000 meters in
fact.