Visions ...

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:16:45 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, johnhall wrote:

> But it is easier to talk about the left and the right than it is to
> discuss the different implications behind how you view 'knowledge' --
> what it is, how much there exists, how much is needed to organize a
> society, etc.

World model building is always based on gambling on noisy, realtime data
(no, we're not simply too dumb: for smart agents world is largely the
Others, so getting smarter only works for this round). If we constantly
remind us of this, then, perhaps, this doesn't just result in 'my meme is
bigger than yours, so I'll break your skull'.