Re[3]: A Bunch of Stuff...

bitbitch@magnesium.net bitbitch@magnesium.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:41:47 -0500

First off, I have to admit, I was so shocked by your post that I had
to figure out who you are.  Please tell me you don't actually live in
NH...

SAJ> http://www.instapundit.com/archives/006871.php#006871

And?  This is tripe.  Furthermore, its tripe thats poorly written.
What's his point?  He denounced Falwell.  BFD.

SAJ> Are you condemning ANSWER?
SAJ> I condemned Falwell at the time and am happy
SAJ> to do so in the future.

I don't even (or didn't) know who ANSWER was.  I don't particularly
care.  I don't need to denounce something I don't affiliate myself
with, as I'm neither left-leaning, nor affiliated with protest groups.
I don't condemn them any more than I condemn Falwell.  See, there's
this miraculous thing called the First Amendment.  ANSWER, Falwell,
and Bush (as well as everyone else for that matter) are entitled to
freedoms of speech, religion and (I know this is tough for you),
association.   They can do whatever the hell they want, and provided
it doesn't affect me in the slightest (and it doesn't -- Falwell was a
device used mostly to point out that both the Right and the Left have
their devils -- neither side is driven as the pure snow, and neither
side's devils advocate the entirety of that side's mindset.  Neither
side has also 'removed' said devices from their repitoire.  Condemning
doens't do shit if it falls on deaf ears.

SAJ> If you don't disavow ANSWER, if you marched
SAJ> with them this weekend, you are dirty.

I can't beleive you were allowed on FoRK.  I mean really.   Sure, you
have a right to say what you said, but are you -serious-?  I couldn't
help myself from laughing whilst googling.   'I'm Dirty'?  Har.   I
mean, this  is so far below Godwinism, that they've come up with a new
category -- its called 'Troll'

To answer your question 1) ANSWER and I are not affiliated.  I don't
give a fuck what they do, and they don't give a fuck what I do.  End o
story, morningglory.    2) I didn't march.  I don't really see a need
in standing in the butt-freezing cold with rah rah signs while people
drive down main street and dont' acknowledge their presence.  I'm sure
it serves some cathartic purpose, but not for me.   Instaed, I did
drive by, gave them a congratulatory honk, and curled up in my house
to read a book.  I give them props for braving the cold bitter weather
of NH, but thats about all.

So, if I'm dirty for honking, then I'm a baaaaaadd Girl.  Spank me
already.

SAJ> More generally, there was widespread condomnation
SAJ> of both Falwell and Lott on the right.  Where is
SAJ> the widespread condemnation of ANSWER?

Nah.  There was widespread condemnation of Falwell and Lott on the
news, which as you and others have noted, is largely run by the left
anyway.   While some righters did condemn Lott, it was mostly as a
device for a power grab, and because unlike ANSWER, these are public
figures who argue that they 'speak for America'.  I don't think
ANSWER, or any of those groups argue that they speak for anyone but
themselves.

Why don't you try getting out of the rhetoric spin dance o' glory and
come back to reality?  I mean shit.  Even John can argue without Ad
Homeneim.   He certainly can do it without calling me 'dirty'.