Re[3]: A Bunch of Stuff...

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@i2x.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:42:32 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

BitBitch,

You mailed me backchannel so I replied
backchannel.  I think it is a common courtesy to
ask before posting backchannel email to a list,
but perhaps this courtesy is not so common.
Making troll accusations about backchannel email
is just bizarre.  It does not help that you
simultaneously attempt to wrap yourself in the
first ammendment while simultaneously having
issues with my being "allowed on FoRK."

On the substance, the core points here which
remain UNDISPUTED:
1. The march was organized by ANSWER
2. ANSWER is OBVIOUSLY anti-american
3. Marching or endorsing the march without
condemning its organizers represents either an
endorsement of ANSWER (and its anti-americanism)
or simple ignorance.

Since you are pleading ignorance, I take issue
only with your stridency.

Regarding Lott and Falwell, if you were not
ignorant you would know that they were condemned
by right-wing bloggers and commentators accross
the board including writers for the National
Review and Commentary, Andrew Sullivan, Glenn
Reynolds, and many others.  More to the point,
Lott was condemned and deposed by George Bush
himself with the support of most of the Republican
Senate.

Note, I am not saying the right is entirely clean.
I am saying that they are generally more careful
about getting rid of their wackos.  There is a
popular bar here in NYC called KGB.  I am not
aware of a correspondingly popular SS or
Gestapo bar somewhere else.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

-Alex-

PS If you want to be spanked, just name the time
and the place ;- )

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax