How Asians Will Save American Education

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:46:58 -0800

UC Irvine is one of the most diverse campuses in the
US.  Southern California is a gateway to the pacific
rim--that's why almost all car companies US and Asian
have major offices here.  The funny thing about this
US News college ranking on diversity, UCI is 54%
Asian when you lump all the different types together,
but for reporting purposes, they don't count certain
"successful" types as minorities.   That's why AA
was so much crap.  The correlation model between being a
minority and barriers to success in school only worked in
some cases, and what scholastic success really came down to was
does the person want to be there or not.

Greg