Bill Gates

Jim Whitehead ejw@cse.ucsc.edu
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:19:33 -0800

According to http://www.quuxuum.org/~evan/bgnw.html, BillG's current net
worth is US $30.24 billion.

In 35 years, BillG will live 12783 (or 12784 -- I don't feel like precisely
figuring out the leap years) days.

$30.24 B/12783 = $2.366 million/day, far from the US $678 million quoted.
Even assuming he converts it all into guaranteed rate of return instruments
(a poor assumption), it's hard to see how this could amount to US $678
million/day.

So, two FoRK demerits, one for being so credulous, and another for not
adding your owns bits to the message (which might have caused you to think
critically about it, and then avoid being so credulous.)

- Jim