Trepia (ned)?

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:14:00 -0500 (EST)

This is a reply I did up to a message on the PTP list. What I want to
shake out from the Fork dinkum thinkums is this....

Does Trepia just reek of IMistic airs wrapped up in Pat Pending emperors
clothes?

Are there projects/existing tech that will do this that is not so wrapped
in legalities?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:52:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ptp-general] Trepia

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Nigel Ballard wrote:

--]Trepia updated their code so it now works with additional wireless cards.
--]It now for example, works with my internal IBM ThinkPad (ActionTec) NIC.
--]http://www.trepia.com

I new things were going amiss when the  TM's, the pat pendings, the other
corp  speak hit me on the front page for what seems to be a autosensing
messaging system. Surely there  has got to be somethign less encumbered
and more cross platform being worked on.

Anyone know of a project doign this without all the legalgobildygunk?
If not, hows got code skills?:)-

-tomwsmf