A.N.S.W.E.R

Tom Sweetnam savamutt@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:06:33 +0000

Those still in doubt about "peace rally" organizer A.N.S.W.E.R. and their
umbilical connection with the radical Communist Worker's Party,   Colombian
drug cartels, and Islamic terrorist organizations, should read the following
editorial by David Horowitz from the January 21 edition of The Jewish World
Review.

The saddest thing in all this, as Horowitz and other JWR contributors have
pointed out, is that many of these Hate America fringe organizations have
found a welcome home within the Democratic Party.

They Want to Place America Under Siege

David Horowitz

America's enemies within turned out in force on Saturday in Washington DC
and San Francisco under the auspicies of the Communist Workers World Party
operating under its front organization, A.N.S.W.E.R. Once again the
demonstrators pretended to be peace activists, who found violence abhorrent
and a willing media played along with the charade. Neither the New York
Times nor the Los Angeles Times nor any media I saw identified the
organizers as Communists who have a long record of support for world terror
and its leaders including the Ayatollah Khomeini, Kim John Il, Slobodan
Milosevic and Saddam Hussein.

As reported by the unfiltered cameras of C-Span, the pretense, in fact, was
pretty thin. One of the featured speakers was a spokesman for the
narco-terrorists in Colombia who opened his rant (all the speeches fell into
this category) with, "We have to stop America's war against the people of
Iraq, and the people of Palestine, Colombia and the world." America is
supporting the government of Colombia against a brutal communist guerrilla
force that has been waging civil war there for half a century. Come to think
of it, America's enemies in Palestine are the terrorist organizations Hamas,
Islamic Jihad and the al-Aksa Martyrs terrorist brigade. And in Iraq, there
is a dictator who has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of his own people
and has attempted to swallow the country of Kuwait. The spokesman for the
Colombian narco-terrorists was quite candid (and why not, since he knows
that the American media will present him as a "peace activist" anyway). "As
revolutionaries," he said to the crowd, "as progressives, we have to resist
American imperialism."

Then came Imam Mussa from the mosque Masjid al-Islam,. Like most of the cast
assembled by A.N.S.W.E.R. the Imam had also been a speaker at the Millions
For Reparations March last August -- which was more about denouncing America
as a racist, imperalist monster than making a case for compensation for any
specific injustices (See my report, "Reparations Buffoons On The Washington
Mall."). Here is a sample of the rhetoric at that March from Malik Zulu
Shabazz (one of the few who was not at the "peace" event): "The President
wants to talk about a terrorist named bin Laden. I don't want to talk about
bin Laden. I want to talk about a terrorist called George Washington. I want
to talk about a terrorist called Rudy Guiliani. The real terrorists have
always been the United Snakes of America."

When he got going, the Imam Mussa dotted the i's and crossed any t's that
the narco-terrorist spokesman had missed, telling the crowd that the regime
change they wanted was in Washington not Bagdhad, and that they really
didn't want a regime change at all. "We 're calling for a System change," he
said. Revolution. "We won't get any justice as long as that criminal
Congress is up there. We're calling for revolution. It's revolution time,
brothers and sisters. We have to get rid of greedy murderers and
imperialists like George Bush in the White House." The Imam then led the
crowd -- are you ready for this -- in the chant the suicide bombers use as
they blow up innocent men, women and children -- Allahu Ahkbar! Allahu
Ahkbar! Allahu Akhbar!"

Democratic NY City Councilman and former Black Black Panther Charles Baron
was also a speaker at the Millions for Reparations March, where he announced
he needed to assault a white person for his "mental health." On this
occasion he kept his racism in check, but not his rhetoric. "If you're
looking for the Axis of Evil," he raved, "then look inside the belly of this
beast." He went on to attack America's "monopoly capitalists" (a technical
term which veterans of the left will recognize as the mark of Communist and
Maoist sectarians) who of course were the puppeteers pulling the President's
strings.

Damu Smith, head of "Black Voices for Peace," returned to Baron's theme and
made it specific. "Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld," he said, "that's the Axis of
Evil."

Larry Holmes "co-founder" of the sponsoring organization who also hosted the
Millions for Reparations March, then led the crowd in chants to free two
convicted murderers, Mumia Abu Jamal and Jamin al Alamin (H. Rap Brown).
This was a set-piece also during the Millions for Reparations March.

It would be reassuring if one could report that a single speaker or face in
the televised crowd dissented from the stew of anti-American, anti-white,
anti-Jew hatred or the violent incitements, but not one did. The crowd
relished the show and was in total sympathy with the message.

Another striking fact about this march in support of global terrorism was
the presence of prominent Democrat officials on the platform. In San
Francisco, the most powerful Democrat legislator in the state John Burton
screamed, "the President is full of shit" and that the President was
"fucking with us," while encouraging the general sentiment that America
rather than Iraq was the outlaw state. In Washington, Democratic hopeful Al
Sharpton attended and DC ex-congresswoman Cynthia McKinney read a speech
with the following claim: "In no other country on the planet do so many
people have so little as they do in this country." This from a person who
notoriously commandeered a taxpayer-funded limousine to take her from her
townhouse one block to her congressional offices every morning.

More disturbing by far was the presence of two of the most powerful
Democrats in Congress, the potential head of the Ways and Means Committee,
Charles Rangel and the potential head of the Judiciary Committee John
Conyers, who is of course the author of the Reparations Bill and the icon of
the Communist organizers of both marches. Rangel's appearance was especially
troubling because he has been a nightly face on TV news shows presenting
himself as a patriot and a veteran (he served fifty years ago in Korea) who
wanted a military draft so that all America would be invovled in the
nation's defense. His critics thought he had other agendas, like using
conscription to sabotage the war effort. Apparently his critics were
correct.

Americans who care about their country and its future should think about the
following. This anti-American pro-terrorist movement is now larger than the
anti-Vietnam pro-Communist "peace" movement was until the very end of the
Sixties. Yet there is no draft. Before the draft the anti-Vietnam movement
was very very small. Its demonstrations were numbered in the hundreds of
participants, not even the thousands. The first big manifestation of the
anti-American left was the Stop the Draft March in Oakland in 1965, which
was four years after America's involvement in Vietnam got serious.

The second thing Americans should think about is the fact that this
anti-American support movement for America's enemies has deep roots in the
Democratic Party. I am a firm believer in the two-party system. I find it
extremely worrying, therefore, that one party can no longer be trusted with
the nation's security. This problem will not be easily fixed. But it won't
be fixed at all unless attention is drawn to it, and we cannot do that
unless we stop the charade of calling this a "peace" movement and recognize
instead that it is anti-American movement to divide this country in the face
of its enemies and give aid and comfort to those who would destroy us.