What is death?

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:29:04 +0000

Tomwhore:
>I am not going to totaly drop the dime on the big S here, but lets face the
>country plain truth here...we are living in a sea of food. Not just any
>food mind you..new and improved food. ..

Yep. And a lot of it is pure crap. If the FDA
were on the ball, partially hydrogenated oils
would be banned as a food substance.

>The only times I am off my kiester is when the fmaily walks around the
>neighborhood ..

In my opinion, walking is the first exercise
that people should work into their lives. It
lowers the blood pressure, ameliorates back
problems, strengthens your lower muscles and
bones, is low impact, and is what we evolved
to do. It's much easier if you live in a
neighborhood where groceries, video stores,
post offices, and the other places one goes
for other purposes are easy to reach by foot.
The ideal thing, of course, is to live three
or four miles away from your office. Then
it's real easy to get in your thirty miles
a week. And that makes a BIG difference.

Alas, most urban environments are designed
very poorly for walking, on the assumption
that people will drive everywhere, even to
the grocery. Recent research shows the
detrimental impact this has on health: people
who live in places like Silicon Valley are
fatter than those who live where walking is
more easily part of everyday life.

Good luck, Tom. Do what you need to do.