[IP] three on SILICON VALLEY FEARS TOXIN IS FAR WORSE THANFIRSTBELIEVED (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:34:44 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> The question is, how much is reused?  Old wives already knew
> gallium arsenide could kill you.  I guess the real question

Uh, GaAs realgar or scherbenkobalt is not. Gallium does not form minerals.
I'd like to see an old wife that would poison rats with gallium arsenide..

> is, worse than who feared?  Chipmakers already know exactly
> how much.

Why are you so insistent that current chip factories are environmentally
neutral? It is quite obvious they are not, so whence the problem agnosia?