RedHat 6.2 vs 8.0

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:32:33 +0100 (CET)

I don't find the GUI particularly impoverished (I don't really use it
beyond mousing around the icons).

The antialiased fonts and gcc 3.1 are a sufficient reason to upgrade. The
font stuff is extremely important especially if one's screen real estate
is limited. OS X 10.2 has the most readable font rendering on 1024x768
than I've ever seen. RH 8.0's looks crude in comparison. But it's a vast
improvement over 7.3 already.