US prepares to use toxic gases in Iraq

James Rogers jamesr@best.com
03 Mar 2003 10:43:13 -0800

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 10:32, JS Kelly wrote:
> so you are saying that the people hit by bullets will be more dead
> than those killed by the spray?

No, I said that all other things being equal, bullets are going to be
statistically more lethal than chemical incapacitants that work on the
central nervous system.

However, clearly all things aren't equal in this case.  The sample group
for CNS incapacitants will include a lot of people that would normally
be excluded from the "shoot with a bullet" sample group.

I am definitely against the use of CNS incapacitants.  I am not against
the use of either irritants or bullets.  Even if the same number of
people end up dead, I would strongly prefer the explicit selection of
which people end up dead; it creates a much stronger chain of
responsibility.

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com