The Moon is a Harsh Cadre Leader (was: The Peoples Logistical Systems and Strategic Weapons Bureau (was: China to colonize the moon))

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:48:27 -0800

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 03:48 PM, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

>> "Whoops, so sorry about that JIT delivery of widgets hitting your
>> carrier group at relatvistic speeds."
>
> Easy. Parachute. :-).
>
> Cheers,
> RAH
> "Can you say 'transpiration heat-shield and low terminal velocity'
> boys and girls? There. I knew you could..."

Yes, you can do that.

But 'mistakes' happen. You know, like the DoD sometimes 'mistakes'
embassies for Serbian military offices.

It'd be a shame if a Chinese Lunar-based linear accelerator 'gliched'.
And someone 'left' the radar reflector off the payload. And that
payload happened to look a lot like that kinetic kill vehicle in the
Rand study mentioned on this list last well.

Just sayin', you know. It'd put the damper on that "Pax Americana"
business.

-- whump