"Was I that Stupid"

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:14:30 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Eugen Leitl wrote:

--]The list culture is dying. I presume the young'n's are SMSsing and IMsing,
--]which is not very conductive to discourse, since being too disruptively
--]realtime.
--]

Oh please. the list culture has been dying as long as Writting Letter has
been dying as long as Fine Culture has been dying as long as....well you
get it.

The list culture is far form dead. IM is dejour buzzbuzz that corps are
trying to leverage into cashito so yea, it will be a headline thing, but
more and morre people I know are on Lists, not IMs, to talk to and about
and with.

Besides, IM's are simply IRC made stupid. If my kids want the fluid real
time conversation thing I will show them IRC, not IMs.