"Was I that Stupid"

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:46:34 -0800

Lucas Gonze writes:
> > "I looked at the recent television images of thousands, almost in a
> > party atmosphere, as they chanted their rhyming protests against a
> > possible war. Was I that stupid? I hope not."
>
> This bullshit about the partying protestors, by the way, is a fabrication.
> Calling it spin would be too charitable.

Perhaps it was too cold in NYC for a party atmosphere, but I can assure
you that the San Francisco march/assembly, under clear blue skies, had
a party/carnival feel.

There was music and dancing, concessonaries, silly/elaborate costumes
and street theater, face painting, and game playing.

I was there, in shorts and a t-shirt, and "almost in a party
atmosphere" is not bullshit, fabrication, or spin, but an
accurate description of much of the event.

- Gordon