"Was I that Stupid"

Lucas Gonze lgonze@panix.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:04:46 -0500 (EST)

Imagine that you happen to witness an event which becomes widely known.
Let's say it's a shooting in a convenience store.  You see with your own
eyes that the shooter was wearing a bright green down jacket.  There are
plenty of other witnesses and videotape to confirm this fact.  It's not
subjective; any faintly plausible evaluation of the evidence will confirm
it.  The fact that the jacket was not a red hooded sweatshirt turns out to
be politically inconvenient for some faction, and that faction attempts to
overturn the truth by repeating, over and over again, that it was a red
hooded sweatshirt.

I'm surprised to see any non-whacko forkers taking the complacent email
seriously.  As evidence it's useless, because it's a logical fallacy to
assume both that intention and action are the same and that complacent.org
is a significant group, and there's a mountain of high quality evidence
which contracts it.

- Lucas