"Was I that Stupid"

Elias Sinderson fork@xent.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:38:25 -0800

S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

>[...] Sounds like a party to me.  Sounds like fun.  I
>know people who went because it sounded like fun
>even though they themselves favored regime change.

Come on, at least make the great leap of faith that someone can be both
in favor of regime change, AND opposed to achieving that regime change
with a war. Further, I should think it's not necessary to make every
protest a somber and serious moment. The fact that some people are abe
to have fun and put forth a political message at thte same time does not
necessarily undermine the essence of the message itself.

I acknowledge that there were people who probably went to the protests
just for the party. I refute the idea that anyone seen having a good
time was only there for the party. People are social animals, they like
to have fun - even when they're being serious.

Elias