Andreessen on blogging

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:52:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Eugen Leitl wrote:

--]It takes a full time job (3-5 h a day at highest productivity level to
--]produce something relevant and readable

Ya know, Ive just about had it with folks who think that every blog should
or even can be the apex of journalistic endevours. You folks suck all the
fun out of a thing. Blogs are , for a lot of people, simply a way to
express stuff in your everyday life. Its another venue for keeping track
of the stuff you find interesting in the day in day out journey of living.

The other funsucking activity tied to this  is the NEED to read
everything. There is a definte bunch of people who feel that unless they
read every last bit of data put up then they are missing out and somehow
less of a being. Thier solution to this is to limit what is being put up.
The omnivoraholic simply has to be there are else it simply has to not
happen.

If people are so insecure that they can not bear that something is goign
on without thier devine being being a apart of things then maybe its time
to cut the cat5 and seek bliss elsewhere.

--]Those who can't, blog.

Oh really, so I cant put out a zine? I cant be part of the Portland
Personal telco Project? I cant be a good father? I cant collect old time
radio shows? I cant dig Project Guttenberg and PD text efforts? I cant be
a part of Distributed Proofreading? I cant build and launch model rockets?
I cant go visit places aroudn the US with my family? I cant work on
projects with my buds flung across the globe?

I cant do all these things because I have blogged about them?

What a beautiful freak of walking dancing bullshit you are mon amie.

--]
--]Can you make other monkeys doing stuff you want by writing about it? Maybe
--]you can. What's your peformance evaluation metric, though?

My ratio of wanting to do things and doing them are pretty dang high.

Proof....... http://wsmf.org

Oh wait, thats a blog, so that must invalidate everything on it.....bummer.

Now go make fun of my spelling or something.

-tomwsmf