Ahhh. (was RE: NYTimes.com Article: A Prescription Plan Hailed as a Model Is a Budget Casualty)

geege geege@barrera.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:16:24 -0800

my point being that those who tout statitics should understand them.

i wanted more than a description of a law, but you'd have to read with
comprehension.

-----Original Message-----
From: johnhall [mailto:johnhall@isomedia.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 11:39 AM
To: 'geege'; fork@xent.com
Subject: RE: Ahhh. (was RE: NYTimes.com Article: A Prescription Plan
Hailed as a Model Is a Budget Casualty)

Your point being that only people ignorant of economics or who use
unreliable data sources should be listened too?

You wanted a description of one of the laws that had restricted spending
in Washington.  601 was a main one, though the politicians started
ducking it when the could later on.

> http://www.researchcouncil.org/Main/aboutthe.htm
> a council with a mission.  "Research is based on facts from reliable
data
> sources and informed by economic analysis with an appreciation of the
> power
> of free markets." as represented by their dues-paying,
"non-compensated"