Washington state lacks an income tax? (was:A Prescription Plan Hailed)

James Rogers jamesr@best.com
06 Mar 2003 16:10:34 -0800

Several US States do not have an income tax.  For the best information
broken down by state:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/statefinance.html

States without individual income tax:

Alaska,Florida,Nevada,South Dakota,Texas,Washington,Wyoming

States without corporate income tax:

Nevada,South Dakota,Texas,Washington*,Wyoming

*Washington has a "gross receipts" tax that makes their inclusion here
questionable.

So the States with neither corporate nor individual income tax are:

Nevada
South Dakota
Texas
Wyoming

TaxFoundation.org is one of the best sites on the 'net for detailed
overviews and statistics of taxation policy in the US.

Cheers,

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com