NYTimes.com Article: A Prescription Plan Hailed as a Model Is a Budget Casualty

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:26:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, johnhall wrote:

--]It might help remembering that Oregon had a Single Payer Health plan on
--]the ballot recently (it lost after most every business in the state
--]promised to relocate if they did something that stupid).

Hmm, you where here for that particular measure maybe, cause while there
was an outcry from teh bizness front the real cry was from teh rank and
file citzien oregonians.

As far as bizess pulling out of oregon, the two or three big corps that
are left I think are staying put by sheer force of inetria. I dont think
even the proposed measure would have gotten Nike or Intel to move out.

The real problem of that measure was not the repsonse but the measure
itself. It was horribly written and had no real basis in reality for
funding or implimentation.

See, it pays to actualy have the facts when your talking about these
things.

Your man on the sceen....

-tomwsmf