what a fucking mess

Joseph S Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:27:34 -0800

Luis Villa wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 23:15, Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
 >>[...]
>>please just ignore OS/2). When I joined Microsoft in 1992,
>>all the mail servers were running Xenix, and it wasn't too
>>long before then that Microsoft employees actually logged
>>into Xenix boxes to run /bin/Mail or equivalent. When I
 >>[...]
>
> Didn't know any of that. Interesting.

Yeah, so I would have sent email to you using

	To: ingate!louie@ximian.com

where ingate.microsoft.com was the Xenix
gateway to the Internet. Or or to uunet.UU.NET
via UUCP. Or something awful like that.

Oh yeah, and remember all the folks who had Compuserve
email addresses like "72450.1261@compuserve.com"?

I am SO TIRED. I need to get out of this office
and drive the stupid 45 miles to my house and SLEEP.
In that order.

Zzz