An alternative to state income tax (was: Washington lacks state income tax?)

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:04:46 -0800

The Gasoline tax has not increased in Washington since about 1969, IIRC.
A proposal to add 5 cents was killed by the voters.

MV fuel taxes are estimated to be about 1.3B over the next two years.  A
quick (very quick) read indicates that MV transportation spending should
be about 2.8 Billion, but I can't be sure.  This is out of 52B estimated
over the next two years.