watch your mouth

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:34:08 -0800

You definitely have to prove actual harm.  The only case I see for
non-economic damages is in the exact place where punitive damages came
into being in the first place.

That, however, would require that the speech not only be untrue but
malicious, probably known to be false, and used with the intention to
damage.

Those cases don't happen often.