Broadband competition might still be possible

Joseph S Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Sun, 09 Mar 2003 17:12:17 -0800

James Rogers wrote:
> metro GigE) all the way out to the residential edge.  Sooner than
> later, it really will be Ethernet *everywhere*.

I still miss vampire taps. And even just being able to connect
machines with thin coax, no hubs or switches required.
If it's not coax, they shouldn't go calling it Ethernet.
They should call it point-to-point twisted pair that just
Ethernet package can travel across.

Does anyone even use thin coax anymore?

Never mind me, I'm just sick and depressed.

mumble

- Joe

P.S. Geege: I'm not drinking. Well, a little beer and a latte.

"I mean, after all; you have to consider we're only made out of dust.
That's admittedly not much to go on and we shouldn't forget that. But
even considering, I mean it's a sort of bad beginning, we're not doing
too bad. So I personally have faith that even in this lousy situation
we're faced with we can make it. You get me?" -- from Three Stigmata

http://www.alphane.com/moon/index.html?pkd18.htm