Ari Fleisher was a big fat lying idiot.

bitbitch@magnesium.net bitbitch@magnesium.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:10:10 -0500

Check this out.

So the Turkish Parlament decides to just say 'no' to American Troops
on Turkish soil.   A few _days_ later, they have an election (I'm not
entirely clear if this is a district Prime Ministership, or _the_
Prime Minister)  and elect a pro-war, pro-US PM to fix things.

I liked this section:
        "There will be an image that [outgoing prime minister]
        Abdullah Gul rejected the war and so the US replaced him, and
        that will not be good for Tayyip Erdogan," says Rusen Cakir, a
        biographer of Erdogan's controversial career. "It will be a
        shadow over him."

Gee, ya think ?
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0310/p06s01-woeu.html
Parallel this with:

"You're saying that the leaders of other nations are buyable. And
that is
not an acceptable proposition." Ari Fleischer
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/20030225-9.html
http://video.c-span.org:8080/ramgen/edrive/iraq022503_whpb.rm?start=28:10

So maybe buyable isn't accurate.  Lets say Removable subject to a
condition subsequent (payment later, if Parlament changes their mind).

Nastiness indeed.

-BB

--
 bitbitch                          mailto:bitbitch@magnesium.net

"When I saw God he was a vending machine ..."