De ja vu all over again

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:06:20 -0500 (EST)

Is anyone else getting that 1994-1997 "the internet is the shizzle in the
fizzle, if  your biz is not on it your no where" vibe?

Im seeing more and more bizness jumping in on wifi without much of a biz
model or plan. has wnyone proven folks will pay per hour for wifi with
thier happy meal? Is starbucks turning a dime on the wifi efforts? Is this
thing going to scale or are biznesss simply going for another round of
lemmings?

The upshot will be good for end users as more folks get hooked in the
idea, but for the bottom line I think its still a matter of "show me the
money"

Another group that could make out are those supplying the good and then
knowing when to jump off the lemming train.

Just some thoughts as the futurre unfurls.

-tomwsmf