The Honest Thief

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:27:29 -0800

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 10:56 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

> Bill Humphries wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 09:37 AM, Joseph S Barrera III
> wrote:
> >
> >> Wardate: 21:36-27MAR2003
> >> Downlimit: 2731:26:03
>
> It's from _Sea Of Glass_ by Barry Longyear.
> One of my favorite SF books, and my absolute favorite of his.
> It's a very very dark book, and one I've reread several times.

I like the methodology for the first site's reviews:

http://www.sfreviews.com/sojals_rating.htm

"In the future, life on the outer planets will be harsh.   Colonies
will struggle to survive.  Entertainment will be primitive:  virtual
reality immersion; ice-carving,   simple song and dance to drum 'n'
bass."

Of course a diet of nothing of drum and bass would drive colonists to
dynamite their own pressure domes...

-- whump