Re[2]: Fwd: [BATN] Bay Area gas at record high; experts cite ethanol

bitbitch@magnesium.net bitbitch@magnesium.net
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:40:42 -0500

This thread:  Explaining the fundamental reasons behind why Adam doesn't get laid.

This is sort of like guys arguing about Abortion (Or pick a more
female-oriented topic of your choice).  You get lots of pontificating
with little factual basis.

ALB> And the reason for this is simple, what woman would ever want a job where
ALB> they sit alone in a cube 40 hours a week. Women have any number of choices
ALB> that are better paying, more fun, more social, and less likely to cause
ALB> suicide. Even exotic dancers and prostitutes get far more respect, social
ALB> acceptance, and money then geeks do.

So I turn it back to you:  What man would ever want a job where they
sit alone in a cube 40 hours a week.  Men have any number of choices
that are better paying, more fun, more social, and less likely to
cause suicide.  Even exotic dancers and prostitutes get far more
respect, social acceptance, and money than geeks do.

I was going to write a longer rant on this, but I think it sums up my
point nicely just to throw your flawed logic back atcha.  Women are
involved in geek work.  I was.   The fact that the numbers are smaller
seems to lie more in a regard that there is still a level of
old-boys-club (propagated by stupid comments like 'The only women I
work with MUST be secretaries') mentality that frustrate some women
into thinking the opportunity isn't there.

We're just as capable, willing and desirous to throw ourselves at
40-hour work weeks in cubies as you are.  Cubehell has nothing to do
with the sexes.  Nor do any of the other 'qualifications' that you
seem to think make this a male-only ballgame.