This Is The Way The World Ends (Scenario Planning)

Bill Stoddard bill@wstoddard.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:01:23 -0500

Jeff Bone wrote:

> FLASHPOINT #4:  North Korea's Kim Jong Il, feeling left out, decides to
> take advantage of the chaos and distraction elsewhere and invades South
> Korea, then rattles nuclear saber at Japan.  U.S. cannot provide more
> than token assistance.

This one is quite believable sans the nuclear saber rattling at Japan
which would serve no purpose.  Kim Jong Il is intereated in reuniting
the Koreas and doing so at the height of a US war in Iraq might provide
the best opportunity he will have in years to come.  I wonder if he has
been moving troops closer to the DMZ?

Bill