Optimistic Scenario

Bill Stoddard bill@wstoddard.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:39:30 -0500

Owen Byrne wrote:

>>> Sure, people forget. But don't underestimate the amount of hate this
>>> campaign is generating. Switch to a more diverse newsfeed.
>>

>> Grrrrr.... Even if the "optimistic" scenario plays out, there will be
>> a segment of the world populartion that will be unable to admit that
>> they were wrong. These people are irrational fools who get their life
>> meaning by hating other people. For these folks, hate is the end, not
>> the means. In this regard, they're not much different from your run of
>> the mill uneducated ignorant racist. Disgusting.

> How can anybody outside the US accept, believe or trust an American
> after this? They used forged evidence to justify the war, and why should
> anyone doubt that they plan to plant evidence in Iraq if they don't find
> any?

You might be right, the evidence might not be there in which case we
have a problem and hopefully GWB will not be reelected if this is the
case (I'll certainly not vote for him). Will you change your tune if
Israel or coalition forces are attacked by WMDs?

> The current administration has done a great job - they have managed the
> fantastic feat of giving Saddam more credibility than they have.
> My favorite quote from Bush's speech:
>
> "Over the years, U.N. weapons inspectors have been threatened by Iraqi
> officials, electronically bugged and systematically deceived"
>
> Only the US is allowed to spy on and deceive the UN after all - in the
> new world order.

Ummm.... you forget why the UN inspectors were in Iraq in the first
place. Iraq signed a deal (with the UN) to end GWI. They have not been
living up to that deal. No... you didn't forget, you just want to bash
Americans and GWB in particular, regardless of whether that bashing is
justified. Truth be damned. It goes both ways. How can Americans trust
anything spewed from the mouth of UN lackeys?

Gotta go now, got real work to do.

Bill