Optimistic Scenario

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:10:52 -0600

On Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003, at 09:32 US/Central, Bill Stoddard wrote:

>> Israel is not a
>> happy place, and US culture has not been acclimatized to living with
>> terror, especially WoMD terror. 9/11 did not come out of clean blue
>> skies. The next one is going to be a
>> lot bigger, and part of the fallout will come from the current
>> campaign.
>
> This campaign stands a very good chance of significantly reducing the
> possibility of that happening if it goes even close to planned

Not a given.  Taking out Saddam has nothing to do w/ Islamic militants
acquiring WMD --- or if anything, it makes that virtual impossibility a
possibility to be considered.  There's STILL no evidence of any ties
between Saddam and Al-Qaeda.

> (IMHO of course. Could be wrong and I'd be the first to admit it).
> Since you bring up 9/11... the radical Islamists hate everyone not
> like them (including everyone on this list).

Let's set the record straight.  For all that he is a nasty piece of
work, Saddam Hussein and his regime are not radical Islamists.  The
regime is secular, and they are viewed as moderates --- even infidels
--- by truly radical Islamist groups such as Al Qaeda.

The idea that this war has anything at all to do with a true "war on
terrorism" is ridiculous in the extreme.

> either the rogue nations will be taken out of play

Define rogue nation.  (Think about it first.)

jb