[purported presidential IQ ranking; Dubya dead last] Re: True???

James Rogers jamesr@best.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:43:40 -0800

>=20
> This sounds awfully partisan, but there's a veneer of credibility. Is=20
> this a hoax? Does this report even exist?

I've seen this skewered in other forums as being utterly devoid of
scientific merit by people actually qualified to make such assessments.

Therefore, it is not surprising that it was debunked on snopes.com =
shortly
after it started circulation.  The historical record that *is* available =
for
some of the Presidents listed is quite different than what is in this
report, which incidentally, was "published" in a fictious periodical.
Based on actual public record, the Democrats listed have substantially =
lower
IQs than what is listed, and Republicans have substantially higher IQs =
than
is listed.  So yes, it was a stupid partisan prank.

This article was reported as fact in several European newspapers (e.g.
Guardian), ironically with publications dates that came *after* it had =
been
publicly debunked.

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com