chicks & computers [was: [BATN] Bay Area gas at record high; experts cite ethanol]

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:21:01 -0800

> From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of
Joseph
> S Barrera III

> Hell, when I was at the Microsoft San Francisco
> Research lab, there were only 7 people there, only one female, yet
> she was was of the very best systems people I know.

I don't think anyone claimed no woman could do it.  The brightest person
I ever met personally was female.  The evidence has to do with the ratio
when you get out to the tail end of the curve.  The argument has to do
with why that is.

[And no, I didn't repel her.]

I was at Microsoft for almost 9.  There aren't many female SDEs there,
but some of the ones that are there are amazing.