This Is The Way The World Ends (Scenario Planning)

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:44:25 -0800

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/03/21/skorea.wargames/

"March 21, 2002 Posted: 11:56 PM EST (0456 GMT)

They include amphibious assaults and landings and will involve most of
the United States' 37,000 troops in South Korea, others based in Japan
as well as soldiers from South Korea's 650,000 strong army."

==>

It really is amazing you would dig out a statement from North Korea and
take it at face value.

The US doesn't HAVE the troops to put 200K US servicemen in Korea and
also maintain our force levels in Iraq.

The US's 37K forces are backstopped by the 25th Infantry division in
Hawaii.  I'm guessing that is another 15,000.  That is effectively all
that _could_ go if the balloon went up.  After that you are talking
about taking troops from Iraq or (much longer term) reactivating heavy
National Guard units.

Dave
> Phelan
> Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 11:49 AM
> To: fork@xent.com
> Subject: Re: This Is The Way The World Ends (Scenario Planning)
>
> At 13:20 17/03/2003 -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:
> >FLASHPOINT #4:  North Korea's Kim Jong Il, feeling left out, decides
> >take advantage of the chaos and distraction elsewhere and invades
South