This Is The Way The World Ends (Scenario Planning)

Dave Phelan dphelan@pavilion.co.uk
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:53:07 +0000

At 21:44 18/03/2003 -0800, johnhall wrote:
>It really is amazing you would dig out a statement from North Korea and
>take it at face value.
>The US doesn't HAVE the troops to put 200K US servicemen in Korea and
>also maintain our force levels in Iraq.

I did say "According to..." - it was the only reference I had seen at the
time, although the number has been repeated in a number of UK articles.
Thanks for the correction.

Mind you, would North Korea be more or less likely to attack if they
thought it was 200k troops? Almost certainly the figure has been elevated
for domestic (NK) consumption.

Dave Ph

  Dave Phelan CCIE#3590   ICQ: 50180416    GSM: +44 (0)7740 186987
  dphelan@pavilion.co.uk  Blog:
http://www.btinternet.com/~dphelan
  "It may be the warriors that get the glory, but it's the
  engineers that build society" -- B'lanna Torres, ST:Voyager 7.10