War, Bits and Where The F Am I

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:25:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Russell Turpin wrote:

--]That's a bit of an exagerration. If SA is
--]set back to what it once was, you'll still
--]have 100 yd. accuracy.

Sure, no problem. Figure each gps reading has a 100yd error range, some
caches have multiple points..so we are talking each point widening the
radius of error and before you know it you might as well say " east of the
pacfic and west of the state line..."

Its bad enough folks dont do averagng on thier cheapo little yellow etrex
before makring a reading.....

--]>Oh course I picked this weekend to take the family out geocaching.
--]
--]Orientering. That's the ticket. "This is a
--]compass .."

Been there, done that, got the merit badge and im still able to call
up the skills.. but this is a fmaily outing and  I know the limits of my 8
year old. I have scouted out some Letterboxing  sites that have some good
caches to head for.

"yes honey, there was treasure hunting before GPS's"

-tomwsmf