Ansi Bombs Redux

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:36:20 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Tom wrote:

>     The e-mails contain a single word, taken from the phone's language
> menu, surrounded by quote marks and preceded by an asterisk, such as
> "*English" or "*Deutsch," Siemens said.

The technically naive user asking for *new!* *features!!!* has never
understood the price she's paying in system stability. 0wnZ0r1ng
cellphones and wearables is fun, things become more problematic with
cruising cars dumping core, and home automation going bonkers (cats
already hate vacuuming bad enough (Long ago, there lived a creature with a
voice like a vacuum cleaner. We know little about it, but we do know that
it ate cats </moen>), with home robotics they're really in danger of
running of out of life spares). Aerospace, medicine, mil stuff, they all
should stick to certain standards. Fat chance, of course, bluescreening NT
on a destroyer and XP in LEO indicates the containment is breached, and
the flesh is already melting down your cheeks like tallow.

Of course millions flies just love the taste of shit, so it might become
hard to keep your local environment more or less sane, and Pazuzu
<http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/HIGH/OIM_A25413.gif> out.