[SPORK] Loving The Troops

kelley kelley@interpactinc.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:11:27 -0500

At 08:58 PM 3/20/03 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, kelley wrote:

 > as I said on an earlier thread, they should be held accountable for
 > their actions, but to chalk it up to a desire to kill and be killed is
 > absurd.

your words stand:  "I would understand if this was about kids pressed into
service, threatened with jail or worse. These people signed up for kill and
being killed (little danger, in this campaign, things are bound to become more
>difficult as the empire expands) voluntary."

you see them as voluntary killers, who consciously signed up to kill and be
killed rather than recognizing that their choice, just like the choices we
all make in life are made for many complex reasons. to reduce that
complexity to one issue and one issue alone is absurd.

i get one of your responses on the list. i don't need a second with the cc.
kelley