"National state view", (was: [SPORK] Loving The Troops)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:51:11 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Joseph S Barrera III wrote:

> Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Nation-states are terribly young as far as I'm concerned.
>
> You are terribly young as far as nation-states are concerned.

Nation-states don't look consciously at evolution of spacetime since the
original ground zero. They're just dumb brutes, after all, currently at
least. It's thus our job to track the evolution of universal bits in tiny
confinements of our cranium.

It is very difficult to transcend the human condition without realizing
what it is, down to minuscule detail. Especially given that there's very
little what we currently directly can do in terms of R&D. Blue-sky and
lobbying, and subverting the mainstream are the only viable approaches
right now.

Oh, and posting to *oRK, of course.