Q: Was British rule bad or good for India? (was: The rhetoric of liberation...)

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:30:20 +0000

Embarrassingly, I don't know enough of the
relevant history to mount much of an argument
either way. Does anyone want to take a stab
at it?

>"When important issues affecting the life of an individual are decided by
>somebody else, it makes no difference to the individual whether that
>somebody else is a king, a dictator, or society at large."

Hmm. Hollywood at least thinks there is a
difference between "Married by America" and
married by Rev. Moon.