Was British rule bad or good for India? (was: The rhetoric of liberation...)

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:54:51 -0800

Well, he wouldn't have been remembered except for the British ...

Gandhi is to be admired for many things.

But Gandhi was very, very, lucky in choosing who to resist.  Had his
opponent been a Hitler or Stalin the outcome would have been far
different.

As