[SPORK] Was Colonialism good or bad for the world? (was: Q: Was British rule bad or good for India? and before that: The rhetoric of liberation...)

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:02:08 -0800 (PST)

to isolate just india and just britain is to look at such a small slice of
the picture. so many of today's '3d world' countries are former colonies
of england, france, italy, spain, portugal, belgium, holland (and in the
end, germany). given that it is impossible to know 'what would have
been,' the history and outcomes of that system taken as a whole seem to be
pretty solidly on the negative side.
-jsk